A Yoga and Mindfulness course for new mums whose babies are between 6-8 weeks and 6 or so months old.
NEWSFLASH: New Thursday after lunch class scheduled due to popular demand!!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MATRI YOGA FOR MUMS AND BUBS:
- Mindfulness, Relaxation, singing + chanting.
- Baby massage and gentle assisted baby stretches to help with settling, digestion, practice tummy time etc.
- Yoga warm-ups, stretches, strengtheners & flows
- Exercises and breathing techniques that foster whole body awareness and connection to core and pelvic floor.
- Address common post birth/new mum complaints (especially where relevant to students attending). These might include issues around: continence, pelvic stability, sore upper back, shoulders and neck, wrist strain, abdominal separation, depression and anxiety etc *
- We will also pay special attention to helping keep ourselves grounded, centred and connected (both within and with each other) as we continue to navigate life in the time of covid!
*None of this should be seen as a replacement for advice given by medical professionals… just from a yoga teacher who has taught new mums for more than 13 years and had 3 children herself!
Whilst we do include our bubs in some of the postures, this class is a wonderful opportunity for our babies to see us doing something positive for ourselves… exploring practices that support us as women, parents and human beings! They are usually pretty happy just to hang out and watch 🙂
Please allow at least 6 weeks after birth before commencing (8 week minimum if C-section or complicated birth). If in doubt consult your midwife or doctor. No previous yoga experience necessary.
|9 week Courses:||3 options available:|
|TUESDAY:||10 – 11am (booked out)|
|TUESDAY:||11.30 – 12.30 (booked out)|
|April 20th – June 15th|
|THURSDAY:||11.30am – 12.30|
|THURSDAY:||1.15pm – 2.15pm|
|April 22nd – June 17th|
|VENUE:||THE BIRTH HOUSE|
112 McKillop Street
|COST:||$220 for 9 weeks|
NB: if you are unable to attend due to illness and can let Kate know the night before… a zoom connection can be made available to the classes so you can still participate remotely ❤