A Yoga and Mindfulness course for new mums whose babies are between 6-8 weeks and 6 or so months old.
Hooray! This course is happening in REAL LIFE again at The Birth House in Geelong as of Thursday 25th February 2021. * Get in quickly as spaces are super-limited * Online Courses are also continuing for those outside of Geelong or who prefer to practice at home.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MATRI YOGA FOR MUMS AND BUBS:
- Mindfulness, Relaxation, singing + chanting.
- Baby massage and gentle assisted baby stretches to help with settling, digestion, practice tummy time etc.
- Yoga warm-ups, stretches, strengtheners & flows
- Exercises and breathing techniques that foster whole body awareness and connection to core and pelvic floor.
- Address common post birth/new mum complaints (especially where relevant to students attending). These might include issues around: continence, pelvic stability, sore upper back, shoulders and neck, wrist strain, abdominal separation, depression and anxiety etc *
- We will also pay special attention to helping keep ourselves grounded, centred and connected (both within and with each other) as we continue to navigate life in the time of covid!
*None of this should be seen as a replacement for advice given by medical professionals… just from a yoga teacher who has taught new mums for more than 13 years and had 3 children herself!
** NB: Whilst we do include our bubs in some of the postures, this class is a wonderful opportunity for our babies to see us doing something positive for ourselves… exploring practices that support us as women, parents and human beings! They are usually pretty happy just to hang out and watch 🙂
|||In-Person 6 week Course||On-line 5 week Course|
|CLASS:||Tuesday 10am – 11am||Monday 1pm|
|DATES:||23rd Feb – 30th March||22nd Feb – 29th March|
(no class Labour Day 8th)
|VENUE:||THE BIRTH HOUSE|
112 McKillop Street
|ZOOM…. @your place!|
|COST:||$150 for 6 weeks||$95 for 5 weeks|
*included in both courses is access to 2x Thursday night catch ups held via zoom at 8pm on 4th march and 25th march
NB: Please allow at least 6 weeks after birth before commencing (8 week minimum if C-section or complicated birth). If in doubt consult your midwife or doctor. No previous yoga experience necessary.
The 2 Thursday evening catch ups (*see above) are an opportunity to have a cuppa, check in with each other, and share a little about how we are travelling. This was actually a highlight of doing yoga with mums on zoom last year! So I resolved to continue offering this and really hope that you will be able to come. Using zoom works really well – otherwise how often do new mums get to attend anything in the evenings when it is happening out in the “real world”?!
We will finish each of these sessions doing a few simple, evening-friendly stretches and some meditation together.