I am pleased to announce that as of 20th July (Term 3) I am now offering 2 separate Postnatal classes online:
Yoga for Mums and Bubs – targeted at New Mums whose babies are between 6-8 weeks and 6 or so months old. (More info below)
Postnatal Yoga – for Mums of older babies and beyond. (Please click on “post postnatal” tab in menu above for more details on this)
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOGA FOR MUMS AND (NEW) BUBS:
- Mindfulness, Relaxation, singing + chanting.
- Baby massage and gentle assisted baby stretches to help with settling, digestion, practice tummy time etc.
- Yoga warm-ups, stretches, strengtheners & flows for the mums as well as some adapted yoga postures that involve your bub.
- Exercises and breathing techniques that foster whole body awareness and connection to core and pelvic floor.
- Address common post birth/new mum complaints (especially where relevant to students attending). These might include issues around: continence, pelvic stability, sore upper back, shoulders and neck, wrist strain, abdominal separation, depression and anxiety etc *
- We will also pay special attention to helping keep ourselves grounded, centred and connected (both within and with each other) as we continue to navigate life in the time of covid!
*None of this should be seen as a replacement for advice given by medical professionals… just from a yoga teacher who has taught new mums for more than 13 years and had 3 children herself!
|LIVE ZOOM SESSIONS:|
|Tuesdays 9.45am – 10.45am (with Babies) |
Thursdays 8pm (hopefully solo!)
|COST:||$20 per week casual|
|OR:||$85 for 5 week block|
NB: Please allow at least 6 weeks after birth before commencing (8 week minimum if C-section or complicated birth). If in doubt consult your midwife or doctor. No previous yoga experience necessary.
A BIT MORE ABOUT HOW IT WORKS:
When you book in for this class (whether casually or as a block) you get access to 2 sessions in the week!
The Tuesday morning class will be focused on baby massage and ‘doing yoga’ with a baby present. We do include our bubs in some of the postures but this is also chance for our babies to see us doing something positive for ourselves… exploring practices that support us as women, parents and human beings!
The Thursday evening session is an opportunity to check in with each other, share a little about our week and how we are travelling. We will finish each of these sessions doing some breathing, relaxation or meditation together. I understand that not everyone will be able/available to make this session. You are always welcome to join late or leave early and just come to say hi!