- Bond with your baby, Connect with other new mums.
- Move, Breathe, Stretch, Unwind.
- Learn practices and sequences to help keep you active and feeling good in your postpartum body and mind!
NEXT 6 WEEK MUMS AND BUBS YOGA COURSE BEGINS 26TH MAY!
- Mindfulness, Relaxation, singing + chanting.
- Baby massage and gentle assisted baby stretches to help with settling, digestion, practice tummy time etc.
- Yoga warm-ups, stretches, strengtheners & flows for the mums as well as some adapted yoga postures that involve your bub.
- Exercises and breathing techniques that foster whole body awareness and connection to core and pelvic floor.
- Address common post birth/new mum complaints (especially where relevant to students attending). These might include issues around: continence, pelvic stability, sore upper back, shoulders and neck, wrist strain, abdominal separation, depression and anxiety etc *
- We will also pay special attention to helping keep ourselves grounded, centred and connected (both within and with each other) as we continue to navigate life in the time of covid!
*None of this should be seen as a replacement for advice given by medical professionals… just from a yoga teacher who has taught new mums for more than 13 years and had 3 children herself!
|LIVE ZOOM SESSIONS:||Tuesdays 10.00am – 11.00am (with Babies) |
Thursdays 7.30pm (hopefully solo!)
|DATES:||Tues 26th May – Thurs 2nd July|
|COST:||$130 (or $104 concession)|
The content will be delivered via a mixture of 2x weekly live sessions via Zoom plus weekly formatted emails with summaries and background info on what we’ve covered in the sessions, plus helpful links to further reading, youtube clips etc to compliment your practice.
The Tuesday morning live session will be focused on baby massage and ‘doing yoga’ with a baby present. We do include our bubs in the odd posture but mostly this is a chance for our babies to see us doing something positive for ourselves… exploring practices that support us as women, parents and human beings!
The Thursday evening live session will be more about checking in with each other, seeing how you are going with your home practice etc. And also doing some breathing and meditation together.
NB: Please allow at least 6 weeks after birth before commencing (8 week minimum if C-section or complicated birth). If in doubt consult your midwife or doctor. No previous yoga experience necessary.
In an enclosed space this course is usually only suitable for babies until they begin actively crawling… however because this is now being delivered to you in your home you are welcome to attend no matter what age/stage your bubba!