A Yoga and Mindfulness course for new mums whose babies are between 6-8 weeks and 6 or so months old.
BONUS >> TERM 3 MINI 4 WEEK COURSE begins Tues 24th August
TERM 4 BEGINS 1ST WEEK SEPT BOOKINGS OPEN SOON!
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MATRI YOGA FOR MUMS AND BUBS:
- Mindfulness, Relaxation, singing + chanting.
- Baby massage and gentle assisted baby stretches to help with settling, digestion, practice tummy time etc.
- Yoga warm-ups, stretches, strengtheners & flows
- Exercises and breathing techniques that foster whole body awareness and connection to core and pelvic floor.
- Address common post birth/new mum complaints (especially where relevant to students attending). These might include issues around: continence, pelvic stability, sore upper back, shoulders and neck, wrist strain, abdominal separation, depression and anxiety etc *
- We will also pay special attention to helping keep ourselves grounded, centred and connected (both within and with each other) as we continue to navigate life in the time of covid!
*None of this should be seen as a replacement for advice given by medical professionals… just from a yoga teacher who has taught new mums for more than 13 years and had 3 children herself!
Whilst we do include our bubs in some of the postures, this class is a wonderful opportunity for our babies to see us doing something positive for ourselves… exploring practices that support us as women, parents and human beings! They are usually pretty happy just to hang out and watch 🙂
Please allow at least 6 weeks after birth before commencing (8 week minimum if C-section or complicated birth). If in doubt consult your midwife or doctor. No previous yoga experience necessary.
|TERM 4 Courses:||3 options available:|
|TUESDAY:||10.15am – 11.15|
|TUESDAY:||11.30am – 12.30|
|THURSDAY:||11.30am – 12.30|
|VENUE:||THE BIRTH HOUSE|
112 McKillop Street
|COST:||$250 for 10 weeks|
NB: In the event of Lockdown – these classes are held online via ZOOM.
“I struggled with PNA after finding myself pregnant with my first baby in the time of Covid. I found Kate’s Mums and Bubs yoga class gave me the motivation I needed to get out of the house and take some time for myself. It was such a lovely opportunity to connect with my baby and other new mums, and one of the only places I felt I didn’t need to worry if my little one cried nonstop 😂. And some days she did! And I still managed to catch moments of relaxation. But mostly we just enjoyed bonding in the supportive and nurturing space Kate held for us each week. Plus, by the end I felt like I could manage a regular class which seemed unimaginable when we started. Highly recommended!”(Rochelle, Geelong)